Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hoshi

Photos by Paul Moody

So I feel I should start this blog off with some history. I was raised in a hotel in Stowe, Vermont where pets were not allowed. The idea of having a dog as a kid was merely a faint and distant dream for me. I will begin this tale with how my doggy desire began. Not so long ago I had heard that a friend was looking into adopting a malamute named Yukiko or Yuki for short. Yuki, a female malamute, was not up for adoption alone. Hoshi, male, was looking for a new home as well. I fell in love with him immediately when I saw his photos. So big and fluffy he was like a bear that would protect me. I had just recently broken up with a boy that I had been seeing off and on throughout college and had been living with for 3 years after our school career. He completely broke my heart and Hoshi seemed like the perfect thing to help mend it. I of course was back living with my parents and so the idea of a huge dog, actually any dog at all, was not something my mother was too thrilled about. The best excuse she gave was, I don’t want to end up having to take care of this dog for you. Like I was 10 years old again with an attention span of a… well… lets just say, as a puppy! And so since I was under her roof at the time and I had never taken care of a dog let alone another life before. I respected her rules and passed up Hoshi to someone else. Time went by and friends kept getting puppies for themselves. I would dog sit to see if I could handle such responsibilities and it keeps coming down to, I need a dog! Still single, I have decided I need a whole new life change. I have plans to move to Boulder or Denver, CO in the next couple of months so the plan for a pup is going to have to go on hold for a bit. So until I get a puppy of my very own, I will continue to live vicariously through my friend's “best friends” by dog sitting, taking photos, wishing of course that they were my little buddy who loves me as much as they love their owner.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww! You can dog sit Nova any time you want! Actually how does Sept 3rd through the 7th sound? ;-)

    ReplyDelete